EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
Monroe County Historic Association Awards
Each year the Monroe County Historical Association recognizes an educator who works to promote, protect and preserve Monroe County’s rich history for the next generation.
The Education Committee of the MCHA is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Educator of the Year Award. The educator must be currently employed by a school located in Monroe County.
The award recipient must exhibit the following criteria:
- promote the importance of the role of local history as a vehicle in facilitating students’ understanding of the development of our state and nation
- participate in programs offered by the MCHA
- demonstrate support for the use of the resources of the MCHA in the learning environment
- encourage professional development among colleagues by promoting the resources of MCHA
- and evidence creative use of the resources of the MCHA by individual students and small groups.